CLIMATE DEADLINE 2035
"It's Us or Dust"
CLIMATE DEADLINE 2035
"It's Us or Dust"
THE MAIN CONCLUSIONS FROM THE NEW BOOK "CLIMATE DEADLINE 2035". WE NEED THIS INFORMATION TO GO VIRAL AND ESPECIALLY REACH THE UNITED NATIONS ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAM (UNEP/UNEA) PRIOR TO THE MARCH MEETING IN NAIROBI. PLEASE FORWARD!
(1) That the Earth is unable to process the massive accumulation of legacy greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions already in the atmosphere using her own systems in a timeframe needed to avert a shift out of our current life-sustaining ecological balance. That these, as of yet uncontrolled, emissions are pushing our planetary ecology into a “new normal” inconsistent with the survival of most species of life currently on the planet.
(2) That Global Warming, caused by these GHG emissions and the resulting disruption of Earth’s natural systems, is causing massive immediate and future suffering and death and is a Clear and Present Danger to most currently existing life on the planet. That the Life and Liberty of future generations have already been exterminated unless restored by emergency measures taken in the next few years making remainder of human endeavor and activity only palliative and mitigatory.
(3) That, because global warming is caused by anthropogenic changes humans have forcing in our environmental support system, those who cause and support such damage to our common life-support systems are a Clear and Present Danger to humanity.
(4) That, informed by this awareness of present and future suffering, we must find the strength and determination to shift from our current “business as usual” approach to human endeavors and adopt a “war footing”. We must quickly build the severe and unrelenting resolve needed to act affirmatively to remediate Global Warming – whatever the costs or benefits.
(5) That this includes a refusal to engage in, or permit “war profiteering”. While all people have a right to the median standard of planetary living, no one has a right to profit from a declared Global Emergency. This includes selfish attempts to patent or possess intellectual or real technology which would reasonably be expected to result in the resolution of this emergency until such time as that resolution (e.g. legacy carbon emissions returned to below 350 ppm) has been achieved.
(6) That accidental and deliberate delay in taking action has now left us with a very short timeline to manage this Global Emergency (450 ppm atmospheric carbon predicted on our current trajectory to arrive in the mid-2030’s). That regardless of whether this timeline is realistic it is the only possible timeline. This timeline looks roughly like this: 2020-2022: United Nations systems, government and industry organized toward Climate Engineering. Selection of methodology and mobilizing of resources. • Years 2022-2025: Emergency Climate Engineering underway. • Years 2025-2030: Global temperatures returned to less than 350 ppm.
(7) That, because of the interconnectedness of our natural world, the changes affected by Global Warming are not linear but rather exponentially expanding feedback loops. While we do not fully understand these feedback loops, we know they are increasingly foreshortening the time available to resolve this Climate Emergency.
(8) That we must now support nature in recovering from the damages we have inflicted and use human-derived methodology to solve this human-caused problem in a one time effort.
(9) That to withhold or delay the use of Climate Engineering technology to assist and support our atmospheric and ecological systems in recovering to a level which will again sustain human, plant and animal life is the direct equivalent of the taking of human life.
(10) That methodology is currently available to resolve our Global Emergency in the form Climate Engineering – specifically Land-Based Carbon Removal, Ocean-Based Carbon Removal and Solar Radiation Management.
(11) That, while private funding is free to explore other avenues, due to the emergency nature of the current crisis we must now limit our efforts to refining and deploying the existing technology in these areas on a global scale.
(12) That the United Nations was established and is funded ultimately by The People through their various governments to manage global emergencies and should be expected to use these technologies to resolve Global Warming. To not do so would demonstrate genocidal negligence.
(13) That in order to accomplishing this work, elements of the United Nations should be modified until that the organization has the necessary representation, administration, enforcement and regulatory capacity to complete this work.
(14) That once the Climate Emergency is resolved (e.g. legacy carbon emissions returned to below 350 ppm), we must then have the resolve to judiciously withhold additional use of this technology until, operating through the United Nations, a new ethic for working with our planet’s systems (rather than abusing, degrading and damaging them), and for establishing carbon neutral and sustainable practices can be put in place. This will necessarily include adoption of alternative sources of energy, population and resource management. We will essentially need to learn to regulate ourselves within the ecological balance of our planet as well as we have learned to exercise our freedom, independence, covetousness and gluttony.
Looking back from some 50 years distance we will certainly find that there will have been some variation in these conclusions and recommended actions, essentially this is the pathway we will necessarily have to take to find our way successfully through the Climate Emergency.
Today your Grandchildren have no future. It must be restored!
READ - CLIMATE DEADLINE 2035
JOIN - THE CLIMATE LAWSUIT
- Dr. Christian R. Komor
SUSTAINABILITY WON'T SUSTAIN US! NOT YET!
SUSTAINABILITY WON'T SUSTAIN US! NOT YET!
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has recently validated the underlying basis for my campaign for Arizona Governor in 2018. Unless we reduce atmospheric carbon below 350 parts per million by the mid-2030s the Earth will shift to a “new normal” and climate disruption will transition from linear to a exponential and unstoppable condition referred to as Irreversible Exponentially Synergistic Anthropotoxic Environmental Cascade (IESAEC).
Already ocean currents are slowing, methane stores are being released from disappearing polar ice, disease vectors are altering, species die off is escalating, weather patterns are altering, novel carbon releasing soil microbes are emerging, and a breach is occurring between plants and pollinators. In the 1960s making a full transition to solar, wind and recycling would have been enough to avert the “tipping levels” we will reach in the mid-2030’s at 450ppm atmospheric carbon.
Sustainability may again be relevant several decades from now. In 2019, however, it is too late for sustainability to save us and too early for sustainability to sustain us. Our only option is to remove gigatons of carbon already in the atmosphere and do so in the next 15 years. After training with Al Gore, I was fortunate to work with a group of senior scientists developing a method using EHUX algae (which formed the White Cliffs of Dover) to remove carbon from the atmosphere and oceans. Emiliania huxleyi were designed by nature to remove carbon and can naturally achieve 350ppm safely and efficiently when assisted with liquid nitrogen from carbon capture at fossil fuel burning plants and human effort. Algae Assisted Carbon Capture & Reflection is the only existing method for bringing atmospheric carbon levels down to a safe level by the mid-2030’s.
WE'VE HAD OUR "CLIMATE PEARL HARBOR" - NOW IT'S TIME FOR ACTION
WE'VE HAD OUR "CLIMATE PEARL HARBOR" - NOW IT'S TIME FOR ACTION
As I finished my run for Arizona Governor in late 2018 on a climate change platform, once again major fires were threatening the nearby state of California. So far, the death toll as a result of a single fire in Northern California, the Camp Fire, now stands at 83, most of the victims burned alive – burned alive. According to the Butte County Sheriff's Department, 563 people remain unaccounted for. The Camp Fire has burned more than 153,000 acres and has destroyed more than 13,000 residences, as well as 514 commercial structures and more than 4,000 other buildings. Asking for help fire officials are stressing the connection between Climate Change and increasingly deadly and extensive fires. Over 137 deadly wildfires burned more than 1,830,00 acres in the Western United States during the 2017 fire season alone. Flooding along the Missouri river initiated preparations to shut down power plants, including the Cooper Nuclear Plant, forced 1,200 people to evacuate. A 30-knot wind storm, probably the first in Nepal, hit Bara and Parsa districts killing 28 and injuring over 500 people. Mozambique, Malawi, Madagascar, Zimbabwe, South Africa Tropical Cyclone Idai left entire cities demolished, close to 1,000 dead and more on the way from disease and starvation.
Farther north in neighboring Canada, early this week Valérie Théorêt and her 10-month-old daughter, Adele Roesholt, were found by her husband mauled to death by a grizzly bear – their bodies ripped apart. Wildlife experts report that bears are staying out later than usual because of warm winter conditions. Erratic climate disruption is driving the older bears to attack humans out of desperation due to hunger.
There are several important Constitutional lawsuits already in process asking the United States Government to reduce carbon emissions. These suits, even if successful, will not be sufficient to avoid the climate deadline we are facing in the mid-2030’s. In March 2019 my colleagues and I file The Climate Lawsuit - a federal suit asking the United States Government to beta-test, operationalize and manage the EHUX algae-based carbon removal program called Ocean Assisted Carbon Capture. This legal action will not be successful without a massive rise in public awareness of the immediacy and finality of the climate change danger we face - and the possibility that exists for rescuing our culture.
(1) It is important for all of us to understand climate change both on the intellectual and personal level. Intellectually the scope of climate change is massive and increasingly fills the news. It includes most elements of our planetary ecology, political and economic and agricultural forces, and many scientific disciplines. This we can read about. On a personal level we must look to our experiences – have you experienced increasingly intense or frequent fires, floods, storms, dust storms? Are you noticing less animals, birds and insects where you live? Have climate-related costs gone up – are you paying more for your water for instance? In Arizona where I live two summers ago planes were unable to take off from the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport due to intense heat. Especially for children we must find ways to build awareness that climate change is not just a far-off mathematical problem, but something very real happening to us more and more intensely and frequently.
(2) It's very important to talk with people about climate change. We no longer need to be worried about being laughed at or dismissed. Be aware that people will be reacting to climate change in different ways. Some will be in shock or denial. Some will be angry perhaps at the government or large-scale carbon polluters.
(3) Try and have a positive attitude – yes really! What we want to focus on is not how large and how serious the situation is – although those things are certainly true. The crucial thing to focus on is the very, very short time span (10-20 years) we have to master the problem. It’s like being bitten by a rabid animal. It’s not really a big problem if you get it in gear and take action get to a doctor and get vaccinated. But if you sit around wasting time your minor inconvenience is going to turn into something deadly. So global warming is really a time problem and our focus needs to be on getting moving.
(4) As individuals we can’t do much with recycling and driving hybrid cars. Those things will be great for later after we have solved the current crisis but they are actually causing a lot of people to not get moving and do what we need to do now which is push hard and fast for government and industry to mobilize. Since there is already too much carbon (and other greenhouse gasses) in the atmosphere and put in motion Ocean Assisted Carbon Capture (or some even better plan if there is one). Think about the large and rapid mobilization as the United States finally woke up to the danger or World War II. This is the situation we find ourselves in.
(5) So the kids who are walking out of schools and protesting are the ones who are most on the mark today - not the folks making sure their local restaurant is using paper straws and not plastic or riding their bikes to work. We need people blogging and posting on the Internet and getting their club or church to demonstrate in front of city hall and writing their representatives and marching at the headquarters of those companies most responsible for carbon pollution.
And then there is our Climate Lawsuit asking the United States Government to start work on a program like Algae Assisted Carbon Capture & Reflection that will remove carbon from the atmosphere.
(6) Start putting The Climate Lawsuit out there in your social circles and on social media today!
(7) Federal lawsuits are hugely expensive and The Climate Lawsuit will be no exception! Give a talk on what you have learned and collect donations for our legal fund! There is a link for making donations at www.theclimatelawsuit.com
(8) Our mission is to spread the word and to do that we need contacts. If you have contacts, please pass them on. We need students, teachers, researchers, philanthropists, investors, entrepreneurs, business people, farmers,
policymakers, engaged citizens, media representatives, celebrities, fossil fuel companies. If you have a church or civic group get us invited to talk.
(9) We need all kinds of other donations for material resources – plane flights to meet with and convince key organizations to get involved; access to a SPAR oil rig platform to perform “proof of concept” tests; funds to purchase seed and nutrients; access to marketing/advertising services.
(10) If you hear a news report (e.g. on flooding somewhere) possibly linked to climate change do some research. If it sounds like there is a legitimate link call the upstream news source and ask them to include mention of The Climate Lawsuit as part of their report. Write a story or letter to the editor yourself! If you need more facts just contact us!
(11) Talk about it! Tell your friends and colleague what you have learned here. We DO NOT have time to be shy or hold back. Imagine your living in the time of WWII – you would talk about it!
(12) Ask a friend in the motion picture industry to start running “shorts” or ads before the main feature outlining The Climate Lawsuit (we can get you all the materials your need!)
13) Promote the book “ClimateDeadline2035” which supports The Climate Lawsuit. Write a review of the book online or in print.
(14) Lobby for funding for Algae Climate Repair. Your Congressperson will ask what that is. This is on opening for you to tell them. Don’t forget the State level where most of the positive action is happening now. Remember politicians like doubt because it can be used to hide behind and not take action. We are certain about the need for and effectiveness of Ocean Assisted Carbon Capture. Politicians want re-election. Make sure they know you won’t vote for them if they do not cooperate.
(15) Join organizations like: Climate Action Council, National Wildlife Foundation, League of Conservation Voters, Natural Resources Defense Council, Environment America, Sierra Club and, or visit some organizations online. (If you are in one of these organizations press your leadership to make OACC&R a priority.
I ask you to picture this and tell me if you think it’s a crazy idea. We put a huge, and I mean 22,000 tons HUGE metal platform (let’s call it something cool and historic like a “SPAR”) way out in the Gulf of Mexico. Not in the shallow part either! We put it where the water is an average depth of say 8,000 feet! To make things more interesting let’s build the SPAR 8,200 miles away in Finland so we will have to drag it over to the Gulf of Mexico with a couple of giant barges. Then, once everything is hooked up, we make it suck 200 million cubic feet of gas and 100,000 barrels of flammable oil every single day 24/7 through a 27-mile network of pipelines on the ocean floor. Of course, that oil can explode and catch fire and devastate everything for 4 or 5 thousand square miles and 75% of that will be unrecoverable (trust me it’s happened before) so we will also put a couple of helipads on the thing so there will room for two Sikorsky S-92 escape helicopters that can carry 19 passengers each. Let’s see, with a workforce of 172 people the helicopters will have to make about ten 80 mile trips to get everyone safely to land if something goes wrong. So, what do you think is this an awesome idea or what? Let’s get started!
I’m not making fun of human ingenuity here. The point I am addressing is that somehow, for some strange reason (could there be a profit motive perhaps?) there is a myth floating around that repairing our damaged atmosphere through direct removal of carbon is not only an impossible idea, but a bad idea. So, my point is we need to have a little context when it comes to imagining atmospheric repair. Does anyone recall a discussion that went like, “Can we build and deploy giant and highly dangerous oil platforms?” Nope, there were profits to be made and corporations just did it. Now we are taking about the survival of humanity and the idea of using SPAR-type platforms to raise EHUX sea algae to remove carbon from the atmosphere sounds somehow like a crazy pipe-dream? How is that? Does that make any sense? No, of course it doesn’t. In fact, it sounds absolutely insane not to try – especially since we already have the technology and the down side is negligible. Carbon eating EHUX algae live a week tops. If something goes wrong, we just let the current crop die out and that’s the end of the project. No massive explosions, dead employees, or irreparable contamination of the ecosystem.
The truth is we have been “geoengineering” for the sake of greed alone for decades with no one questioning the wisdom of doing so – until we found out the result was going to be the extinction of our own species within this century. So the next time you even think about, or hear anyone even faintly whisper anything about active climate repair being unrealistic, or dangerous, or too expensive quash those delusions fast and hard. That’s all they are and very, very dangerous ones at that!
Connect With Us
Connect With Us
428 Childers Street
Pensacola, FL 32534
Social Media Connections
Social Media Connections